BilosatCCcam-Premium-Server

CCcam-HD-Premium-Server          Umbrellasharing-Premium-Server

Best Cccam Server for SKY UK

Thread: Advice on Amiko Alien 2

beemerbruser Guest

Default Advice on Amiko Alien 2

Hi folks,
    I'm new to the forum & I might be in the wrong section of the forum but I currently have an Skybox S9 with an N: line. I'm really interested in the Amiko Alien 2 twin tuner version) as at around 180 Euro it seems to give real bang for it's buck! Couple of questions for anyone who has invested in one or is experienced.

How good is the EPG in both Spark & Enigma & does it accept N:lines? I've seen the tutorials on how to install EMU plugins & C lines and have done this in the past with an Openmedia 500cs (A few years back now so well rusty). Will the EMU plugin for the Amiko Alien SHD89000 suit the Alien 2 in both spark & enigma boot ups? If so, for an N: line, instead of transferring CCcam.cfg Is it just a matter of transferring the newcamd.list file into the /var/keys folder and overwriting if one already exists?

Any suggestions on a stable Enigma image or is it still to early? I'm not looking for anything super magical, just a decent EPG to keep the ball and chain happy.

Cheers & thanks everyone,
    Steve

paul Guest

Default Re: Advice on Amiko Alien 2

hi just bought the alien2 triple tuner , its a good machine buts its still new on market, but saying that the spark software is very good and updated on a regular basis. the enigma2 is still in alpha and very very buggy and not worth the hassle .Have to install all plugins yourself memory stick the DDC to transfer the keys , have it working with n lines but for some reason i had put both cccam.cfg and newcam.list into the keys folder and turned on the emu.(must be me doing something wrong) As for epg terrestrial tuner in uk has 7 days but satellite only now and next. again someone has done a crossepg for spark but i cant get it to run. Last but not least i cant find a decent channel list for fixed dish 28.2e s** uk and its a total pain putting in order. Tried to use DOG SETTINGS (a very good convertor) with sgtflipflops fixed 28.2e e2 and it converted to the settings for spark in xml but it made all fta encrypted , back to drawing board.
    Have fun
    Paul

joebloggs123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by paul View Post
    hi just bought the alien2 triple tuner , its a good machine buts its still new on market, but saying that the spark software is very good and updated on a regular basis. the enigma2 is still in alpha and very very buggy and not worth the hassle .Have to install all plugins yourself memory stick the DDC to transfer the keys , have it working with n lines but for some reason i had put both cccam.cfg and newcam.list into the keys folder and turned on the emu.(must be me doing something wrong) As for epg terrestrial tuner in uk has 7 days but satellite only now and next. again someone has done a crossepg for spark but i cant get it to run. Last but not least i cant find a decent channel list for fixed dish 28.2e s** uk and its a total pain putting in order. Tried to use DOG SETTINGS (a very good convertor) with sgtflipflops fixed 28.2e e2 and it converted to the settings for spark in xml but it made all fta encrypted , back to drawing board.
    Have fun
    Paul
    Hi Paul
    I have just recently bought the Amiko Alien 2 how did you get the n line working and have you got both tuners working with 2 n lines .

paul Guest

hi im using the latest plug in dated SparkBox_all_emu_plugins_12-07-2012,with newcam.list , go to plug in folder on alien and turn on both mgcamd.sh4 and plugin_camconfig.s once you have transferd your newcam.list or edited it with DCC
    they should be green and reboot box. As for the twin tuner i think that depends on your supplier whether they allow twin tuners, but i have only put one line it

joebloggs123 Guest

hi im using the latest plug in dated SparkBox_all_emu_plugins_12-07-2012,with newcam.list , go to plug in folder on alien and turn on both mgcamd.sh4 and plugin_camconfig.s once you have transferd your newcam.list or edited it with DCC
    they should be green and reboot box. As for the twin tuner i think that depends on your supplier whether they allow twin tuners, but i have only put one line it
    Hi Paul
    my supplier has given me dual tuner sub, any idea how I can get it working with that.

Regards

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Question Re: Advice on Amiko Alien 2

my supplier has given me dual tuner sub, any idea how I can get it working with that.

just curious why would you need a dual tuner sub its still only one box and one ip addy i thought all a dual tuner did was let you watch one transponder while recording another

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by leeds6 View Post

just curious why would you need a dual tuner sub its still only one box and one ip addy i thought all a dual tuner did was let you watch one transponder while recording another

If not stated when sub is first taken....some payservers detect a dual tuner as a duplicate login and either cuts off service or bans sub without refund.

So, it is always best to declare type of stb you are using, before taking a sub, just in case..

Also, some payservers do not give a sub to VU+ Duo users.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rick7mile View Post
    If not stated when sub is first taken....some payservers detect a dual tuner as a duplicate login and either cuts off service or bans sub without refund.

So, it is always best to declare type of stb you are using, before taking a sub, just in case..

Also, some payservers do not give a sub to VU+ Duo users.
    i see learn something new everyday payservers that behave like legitmate providers

cheers

joebloggs123 Guest

Ok managed to get the dual tuners working with lines but another problem after about 1 Min picture freezes and then starts again it do's this for approx 5 Min then starts working OK but as soon I turn a channel it starts again, it do's this every time I switch box on and with different lines. Any idea.

paul Guest

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs123 View Post
    Ok managed to get the dual tuners working with lines but another problem after about 1 Min picture freezes and then starts again it do's this for approx 5 Min then starts working OK but as soon I turn a channel it starts again, it do's this every time I switch box on and with different lines. Any idea.
    no sorry but when i got my line mine use to freeze and then go off i had to restart the plugins and then the box by switching it off. it then worked. now i switch it to standby and then back on each time i use it and it seems to by stable (i read somewhere that the cache takes time to flush for the emus). just think its too new and all things are unstable but i still think it will be a good box, just waiting for enigma2