BilosatCCcam-Premium-Server

CCcam-HD-Premium-Server          Umbrellasharing-Premium-Server

PrimeCCcam-Premium-Server

Thread: OpenBox vs SkyBox vs Orton S10 (firmware compatibility)

MST Guest

Default OpenBox vs SkyBox vs Orton S10 (firmware compatibility)

Hi,

Anyone know what differences are between:

OpenBox S10 (Decription)
    SkyBox S10 (Decription)
    Orton S10 (Decription)

All uses ALI processor, but are firmwares for them compatible?

What are differences? Is one of these receivers better than other one?
    Or maybe there are only one difference: logo at boot screen and maybe price?

fanjo Guest

Default Re: OpenBox vs SkyBox vs Orton S10 (firmware compatibility)

All basically the same box Opnbox S10 and Skybox S10 same internals. Orton should be similar, but different internals, more boards. Software looks same as S9 Screens.

I would go for the Openbox S9. Scarts and better connections, similar price. Not much difference. Get an original not a clone. Less problems updating firmwares and better support atm.

Some of the description is incorrect in the links you gave. Looks like a cut n paste on all receivers. No Scarts on S10. Check pictures.

Good Luck.
    Last edited by fanjo; 14th-August-2011 at 17:04.

MST Guest

You're right. Descriptions are bad. All of them don't have S/PDIF output too.

Maybe someone tried SkyBox dedicated software on OpenBox S10 ?
    My OpenBox S10 is quite new, and I don't want to fry it yet.

fanjo Guest

Skybox and Openbox firmware both compatible with each other in Original boxes (Not Clones).

You may think about trying S9 firmware in your S10. It appears to be more stable and gets rid of some of the problems associated with S10 boxes.

Read up more.

Remember to backup all settings and factory reset your box before any firmware updates.

Good Luck.

MST Guest

Here @protek said that SkyBox software works with OpenBox. As he wrote, he tested it.

newtocs Guest

Openbox and Skybox are the same thing. Openbox started life as Solomend, then Skybox, then Openbox. Only difference is the box and receiver fascia. They use the same firmware.

The Orton S10 may be the same as the Orton x403p / Opticum x403p / Globo HD. It looks exactly the same in terms of size and the front plate but is better than the Openbox S10 in that it has a 400MHz processor, scart and s/pdif connections. My supplier gave me a box to test out and the only reason I don't sell them is because I could not get dolby digital downmixing to work which basically means you either use s/pdif for audio or mainly on HD movie channels in the UK where they only broadcast normal audio (not audio description) in AC3 format, you will get no sound. It could be that I got a bad box - I have posted if other people are having the same problem but nobody has replied either way. If this problem could be fixed, then the Openbox S10 would be a rubbish box in comparison.