BilosatCCcam-Premium-Server

CCcam-HD-Premium-Server          Umbrellasharing-Premium-Server

PrimeCCcam-Premium-Server

Thread: Dish Pointing At Astra 28.2E, But Still get signal and channels from Astra 19.2E?

simba7 Guest

Default Dish Pointing At Astra 28.2E, But Still get signal and channels from Astra 19.2E?

Hi, My dish is currently pointing at Astra 28.2E and im getting a signal from Astra 19.2E aswell.

Im trying to get premiere channels on my technomate 1600CL but when I search for a transponder on the astra 19.2E which shows a premiere channel i get a red bar on the quality and the level indicators.

I can get UK free channels from the Astra 19.2E, why cant i get the premiere ones?

Please Help.

Thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Dish Pointing At Astra 28.2E, But Still get signal and channels from Astra 19.2E?

Whilst it is possible to get signal from two sats that are right next to each other, it is not possible to get signal from sats that are nine degrees apart on the same lnb

There some transponders that are the same on the two Astra sat, thus making you think you are getting signal from both.

Unless you physically point at 19east you will not get signal from that sat
    Last edited by NitroB; 30th-March-2008 at 18:12.
    Technomate TM9100 - Spiderbox 9000HD - Openbox S9
    150cm Precision Digital Motorised and 1m dual feed fixed dish feeding off 13 and 19 degs East for Speed Surfing..
    A 90cm Precision Digital Fixed for 1 west and a 45cm MiniDish for 28east.

Its all about what you know and who you know...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Dish Pointing At Astra 28.2E, But Still get signal and channels from Astra 19.2E?

Unless of course he's using a monoblock designed to get both! What do you mean by "UK free channels"?
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you!

simba7 Guest

Thumbs up Re: Dish Pointing At Astra 28.2E, But Still get signal and channels from Astra 19.2E?

Thanks for replying. I have a sky minidish with a philips 0.7db lnb as standard I would think. I can get the free UK channels like bbc 1 bbc 2 etc.

I did a channel search and I did get a signal off some of the transponders that a premiere channel is on such as 12441V and 11973V according to kingofsat.net but I didnt find any channels from the premiere channel list. I did get channels like UK Gold but obviously thats no use.

Why am I getting channels but not the premiere ones?

And also I entered the codes into my technomate 1600CI which has the latest darkman patch on it but im wondering whether or not im doing it right as there are 4 code lines.

I entered it as follows:
    Key 00 F0 C5 07 59 E5 52 A5 5D
    Key 00 06 AF 09 65 B8 A9 E4 68
    Key 01 08 0F 5F 74 63 ED 52 7D
    Key 01 EC 07 11 B5 9E 59 DF 26

Is that right?

Thanks

bobbybig1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by simba7 View Post
    Thanks for replying. I have a sky minidish with a philips 0.7db lnb as standard I would think. I can get the free UK channels like bbc 1 bbc 2 etc.

I did a channel search and I did get a signal off some of the transponders that a premiere channel is on such as 12441V and 11973V according to kingofsat.net but I didnt find any channels from the premiere channel list. I did get channels like UK Gold but obviously thats no use.

Why am I getting channels but not the premiere ones?

And also I entered the codes into my technomate 1600CI which has the latest darkman patch on it but im wondering whether or not im doing it right as there are 4 code lines.

I entered it as follows:

Is that right?

Thanks
    you are not going to premiere for the following reasons
    1: your dish is to small ,depending on where you are living i would not expect to get premiere without at least an 80cm dish if you did get it i would think the signal would crack up on a sky mini dish in bad weather
    2: you have your dish pointing in the wrong direction it should be on 19e astra 1.not 28.2 astra 2 eurobird to get premiere
    3: the lines should read
    key: 10 >>>>>>>
    key: 11 >>>>>>>
    key: 20 >>>>>>>
    key: 21 >>>>>>>
    and if you have the latest darkman patch it should auto update without entering keys into the above lines.
    what might be a good idea is for you to tell us what part of the country you live in then we will be able to give you an idea of dish size needed

i hope this is some help to you
    Last edited by bobbybig1; 2nd-April-2008 at 08:53.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As Bobby says, you need to point your dish at Astra 19E to get Premier channels. You have two options, both involve getting a bigger dish:

1. Get at least an 80cm dish with a dual feed arrangement with 9° separation;
    2. Go motorised with at least a 1m dish.

Option 1. is the cheaper but much more limited than 2.!

simba7 Guest

Im in birmingham UK. I checked to see if I was within the footprint of the satellite and I am. I dont understand why im still getting a signal from Astra 19.2E if it isnt pointing that way.

And you said the keys should start with:

But on laurals it says

I did install the darkman patch but only the first 2 lines had code in them so I edited them and put the codes in from laurals.

Was that correct?

Thanks

rumpole Guest

Quote Originally Posted by simba7 View Post
    Im in birmingham UK. I checked to see if I was within the footprint of the satellite and I am. I dont understand why im still getting a signal from Astra 19.2E if it isnt pointing that way.

And you said the keys should start with:

But on laurals it says

I did install the darkman patch but only the first 2 lines had code in them so I edited them and put the codes in from laurals.

Was that correct?

Thanks
    if your dish is pointing at astra 2 @28.2e you cant get get
    a signal from astra 1@ 19e. with one lnb fitted and you would
    not get a signal with a monoblock fitted while the dish is set on
    astra 2 @28e these satellites are to far appart for this to happen
    you think your getting a signal. both of the astra satellites use
    the same transponder and frequency settings, nitroB told you
    this. as for the footprint, from your possition with a 80cm dish
    motorised you can get a signal from most sats from 45e to 45w

simba7 Guest

Ok Thanks for that. So I need a new dish. I am thinking of one with multi lnb's. Can anyone recommend me one?

And can someone clear up on how to start the code off when entering into receiver because on laurals.net it said start with 00 and bobbybig1 said it starts with 10. I dont understand why that is.

Please help clear that up for me.

Thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

IDEA key 86 : Is the 0 key. This key is using 10/11 keys in TM1000 series.
    IDEA key 96 : Is the 1 key. This key is using 20/21 keys in TM1000 series.
    So obviously I use Key values of 00 + 01 as default, as they are the actual keys.

As you state certain receivers use different values for the Emulation, we shall use the TM 1000 Series in the following example:-

Default Key 00 will become Key 10 on the TM
    Default Key 01 will become Key 20 on the TM

The above is only used when entering a 32 bit hex key,
    but as most use two sets of 16 bit hex keys, they will be entered as follows:-

And for this example we shall use the current 'Polsat Key'

Key 01: (32 bit hex Key)
    88 30 2C D0 7C 52 4F 12 87 33 10 21 A9 2D DC 7A
    Key 01-0 this is where you enter the first half of the 32 bit hex key
    Key 01-0: 88 30 2C D0 7C 52 4F 12
    Key 01-1 this is where you enter the second half of the 32 bit hex key
    Key 01-1: 87 33 10 21 A9 2D DC 7A

so as you can see, the 32 bit Key 01, becomes two 16 bit keys, and are set as Key 01-0 + Key 01-1

Which is nothing more than the 32 bit key halved, and Key 01 is then set as two values to accomadate the split, which are Key 01-0 + Key 01-1.

On the TM the above Key will be entered as follows:-
    Key 20: 88 30 2C D0 7C 52 4F 12
    Key 21: 87 33 10 21 A9 2D DC 7A
    I learn something new everyday ... I only wish I could remember it.

simba7 Guest

Excellent. Thanks for clearing that up. On laurals.net it gives 2 lines in white and the last 2 lines in yellow which you have explained. What are the first 2 line of code for then? eg. Key 00-0 and Key 00-1 on polsat. Do I enter these aswell? How many lines of code do I use for the technomate 1600CI?

Thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The only keys you are required to enter, are the active keys, the ones in Yellow, as they are the current keys in use at the time.

You can if you wish, enter the other keys as well, but they will actually serve no purpose, as they are inactive, or old keys.

Just to make things perfectly clear, on laurals.com under the Nagravision section, the 'Yellow' Keys are the active ones.

In the Dragon cam and Diablo cam sections, the colour code, has absolutely no bearing, on wheather the keys are active or not.

I shall remedy this one day, so that the 'Yellow' keys in the cam sections, are in fact the active ones.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That list of jobs keeps getting longer Laurals m8!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBadger View Post
    That list of jobs keeps getting longer Laurals m8!
    I just checked the cam sections, and there were only three keys that required to be sorted, and it took me all of 2 mins to complete ....

I have no idea, why it took me so long to get around to doing it, but finally it is done.

digidude Guest

a gemini raven 70 cm dish is enough to pick up hotbird, astra1 and astra 2 with 3 LNBs and a diseqc switch on the back to select between satellites. an orbital 80 cm dish doesnt have the required angled bracket to reliably pick up satellites this distance apart without making your own spacers for the LNB holder for the height thats needed to compensate for the drop in the satellite arc, triax 78cm will also work as their LNB brackets have an angle adjustment

simba7 Guest

Thanks for all your help laurals53. The Gemini Raven looks promising. Is it wall mountable? Wheres the cheapest I can get it for with the clamp?

cheers